• Welcome new undergrad Mars Cantrell, who will be working in the lab for the summer.
• Welcome summer SPUR students Serena Sweet and Rashika Budhathoki.
• Grad students Emily Heckman and Austin Seroka join the lab.
• Rotation student Emily Heckman joins the lab for Spring term
• eLIFE article in April 10th issue. "Steroid hormone induction of temporal gene expression in Drosophila brain neuroblasts generates neuronal and glial diversity". Mubarak Hussain Syed, Brandon Mark & Chris Doe.
• Neural Development article in January 31st issue. "The Hunchback temporal transcription factor establishes, but is not required to maintain, early-born neuronal identity". Keiko Hirono, Minoree Kohwi, Ellie Heckscher & Chris Doe.
• Congratulations on the graduation of the latest doctorate from our lab, Dylan Farnsworth
PostDoc Arnaldo Carreira-Rosario joins the lab.
• Congratulations to Grad Student, Emily Sales for her Gilliam Fellowship award. Students are chosen for their academic excellence, scientific potential, and commitment to the advancement of diversity and inclusion in the sciences.
• Dalton Lee and Corbin Krecklow joint the lab for a summer project with Laurina Manning.
• G3: Genes|Genomes|Genetics article in May 6th issue. "Functional Genetic Screen to Identify Interneurons Governing Behaviorally Distinct Aspects of Drosophila Larval Motor Programs". Clark MQ, McCumsey SJ, Lopez-Darwin S, Heckscher ES, Doe CQ
• PostDoc Sarah Ackerman joins the lab.
• PostDoc and Fulbright Scholar, Sonia Sen joins the lab.
• Current Biology article in December 7 issue. "Aging Neural Progenitors Lose Competence to Respond to Mitogenic Notch Signaling". Farnsworth DR, Bayraktar OA, Doe CQ.
• Neuron article in October 21st issue. "Even-Skipped(+) Interneurons Are Core Components of a Sensorimotor Circuit that Maintains Left-Right Symmetric Muscle Contraction Amplitude". Heckscher ES, Zarin AA, Faumont S, Clark MQ, Manning L, Fushiki A, Schneider-Mizel CM, Fetter RD, Truman JW, Zwart MF, Landgraf M, Cardona A, Lockery SR, Doe CQ
• Congratulations to Doe lab PostDoc Dr. Ellie Heckscher for her new appointment as Assistant Professor, Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology at the University of Chicago.
• Grad students Emily Sales and Brandon Mark join the lab.
• Grad Student Matthew Clark has been awarded a Porter Fellowship for 2015-2016. The Porter Physiology Development Program is part of the American Physiological Society.
• Grad student Luis Sullivan joins the lab.
• Undergrad student Alice Rear is accepted into Medical School at OHSU.
• Rotation students Emily Sales and Brandon Mark join the lab for winter term rotation.
• eLIFE article October 29;3. "Transient nuclear Prospero induces neural progenitor quiescence" Sen-Lin Lai, Chris Doe.
• Developmental Neurobiology article Epub. "The RanGEF Bj1 promotes prospero nuclear export and neuroblast self-renewal" Tasha Joy, Keiko Hirono, Chris Doe.
• Congratulations to Dr. Michael Layden, a grad student alum, for his tenure track position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at Lehigh University.
• Dalton Lee joins the lab for his third summer with us.
• Grad Student Luis Sullivan joins the lab for Summer 2014.
• Congratulations to Dr. Minoree Kohwi, a Doe lab PostDoc to her tenure track position as Assistant Professor of Neuroscience at Columbia University.
• Undergrad Alice Rear joins the lab.
• Congratulations to Doe lab PostDoc alum, Dr. Michael Cleary, who has just been awarded tenure at University of California, Merced.
• Undergrad Michael Parappilly joins the lab.
• Nature Protocols article in February '14 issue. "Applying thiouracil tagging to mouse transcriptome analysis" Leslie Gay, Kate Karfilis, Michael Miller, Chris Doe, Kryn Stankunas.
• Nature Reviews Neuroscience article in December '13 issue. "Temporal fate specification and neural progenitor competence during development" Minoree Kohwi and Chris Doe
• Grad Student Gabriel Yette joins the lab for Winter 2014 rotation.
• PostDoc Aref Arzan Zarin joins the lab.
• Cold Spring Harbor Protocols article is published: “Live Imaging of Neuroblast Lineages within Intact Larval Brains in Drosophila.” Clemens Cabernard & Chris Doe.
• Grad student Kimmey Jones joins the lab for Fall 2013 rotation.
• Undergrad Robel Haile joins the lab.
• Development article is published: “midlife crisis encodes a conserved zinc-finger protein required to maintain neuronal differentiation in Drosophila”. Travis Carney, Adam Struck, Chris Doe.
• Journal of Cell Science article is published: "Formin-mediated actin polymerization cooperates with Mud/Dynein during Frizzled/Dishevelled spindle orientation." Chris Johnston, Laurina Manning, Michelle Lu, Ognjen Golub, Chris Doe, Ken Prehoda.
• August - Lab rafting trip on the Rogue River.
• Grad students Kate Walsh and Dylan Farnsworth join the lab.
• Nature article is published: "Combinatorial temporal patterning in progenitors expands neural diversity." Omer Ali Bayraktar, Chris Doe.
• Congratulations to two new doctorates to come out of our lab. Dr. Omer Ali Bayraktar and Dr. Travis Carney! We wish them well in their Post Doctoral positions.
• Visiting Research Scholar Alicia Estacio-Gomez joins the lab.
• Cell article is published: "Developmentally Regulated Subnuclear Genome Reorganization Restricts Neural Progenitor Competence in Drosophila." Minoree Kohwi, Josh Luptin, Sen-Lin Lai, Mike Miller, Chris Doe.
• Genes and Development article is published: "Mouse TU tagging: a chemical/genetic intersectional method for purifying cell type-specific nascent RNA." Leslie Gay, Mike Miller, Brit Ventura, Vidusha Devasthali, Zer Vue, Heather Thompson, Sally Temple, Hui Zong, Mike Cleary, Kryn Stankunas, Chris Doe.
• PostDoc Mubarak Hussain Syed joins the lab.
© 2016 Doe Lab